The tale of the 8 piglets, smiles and tears:
Two went to Wisconsin to a small family farm. The family sent a photo of the cuties, munching happily. They are loved.
Smiles! :)
Two were selected by the owner of their daddy. These two went to their new farm and escaped their secure enclosure during the worst thunderstorm of the summer. They haven't been found.
The new owners cried. I cried...
Tears. :(
Two went to a farm nearby. One of them was a bit lethargic on the day she left, and I was hesitant to let her leave. She and her brother are thriving under new ownership, probably eating better and healthier than they were here. The owner wants to buy more from our next litter.
Smiles! :)
Two just left today. I worried, because they were transported in a large tote without the lid secured by bungee cords. They have arrived safely, and will be in the small animal/petting section of the Racine County fair before going home with their new owner.
Smiles! :)
And Mama Bea....was a little mopey until she found the unplanned company of the resident boar. We are expecting more piglets at the beginning of November. Not sure whether to smile or cry at that thought. At least there's time to prepare! I guess that's a.....
smile! :)
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment